How to Choose a Contractor in Louisville for Your Air Conditioning Unit
Whether your home’s heating and cooling system is in need of routine maintenance, emergency repairs or a total replacement, selecting a qualified HVAC contractor is an important, yet often daunting task. To ensure you hire a qualified professional that best fits the job, there are several important steps to take.
Do your research.
- Check local companies and visit their websites. See what their values are, how long they’ve been in business, and how they approach their clients.
Ask for referrals.
- Ask friends and family who they’ve used in the past and which contractors they recommend to perform work within your home.
Check trustworthy online sources for reviews.
- Google and Facebook are reliable sources that provide unfiltered reviews for homeowners to check before calling an HVAC contractor.
Make sure they’re licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Unfortunately, many HVAC contractors claim to be licensed, but are actually working under the radar. There is too much at stake. You don’t want someone who isn’t closing off your gas line, or properly disposing of refrigerant. A contractor should have their license number clearly marked on most, if not all, of their literature and on their website. Without a license, there is no insurance that the job will be done properly or that you can take recourse if it isn’t.
Your HVAC contractor should give you a written estimate.
- Reputable HVAC contractors will give you a written bid that they will adhere to. It should include a list of everything that will be done, as well as the price.
Be careful with the lowest bidder.
- There’s more to your selection than the cost. The lowest bidder may not be the most qualified contractor to perform work within your home.
Why Choose Us
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been earning trust in the Greater Louisville area with expert heating, cooling, and plumbing service since 1986. We believe the most important decision you have when needing HVAC or plumbing help is the team you choose to install or repair your air conditioner, furnace, plumbing, drains, and sewer. So, in addition to offering industry-leading company client benefits, we strive to ensure that our team members are not only technically excellent and continuously trained but are also of high character.
Available to You 24/7/365
Our team at Jarboe’s is committed to meeting the needs of our clients 24/7, every day of the year. One of our core values is In Service To Others, and whatever the day, whatever the time, one of our team members will be there for you.