How to Choose a Contractor in Louisville for Your Heating System
Whether your home’s heating system is in need of routine maintenance, emergency repairs or a total replacement, selecting a qualified HVAC contractor is an important, yet often overwhelming task. Here are some tips to help you find a qualified, skilled professional to work in your home.
Do your research.
- Check out local companies and visit their websites. See how long they’ve been in business, what their values are, and how they approach their clients.
Ask for referrals.
- Ask your friends and family who they’ve used in the past and which contractors they recommend to perform work within your home.
Check trustworthy online sources for reviews.
- Check online review sources like Google and Facebook for unfiltered reviews by other homeowners before calling an HVAC contractor.
Check to see if they’re licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Unfortunately, there are HVAC contractors who claim to be licensed, but are actually working under the radar. There is too much at stake to risk your home with someone who isn’t closing off your gas line, or properly disposing of refrigerant. A contractor should have their license number clearly marked on most, if not all, of their literature and on their website.
An HVAC contractor should give you a written estimate.
- Reputable HVAC contractors will give you a written bid that they will adhere to during the job. It should include a list of everything that will be done for your repair, as well as the price.
Don’t just go with the lowest bidder.
- The lowest bidder isn’t always the best option. You could end up spending more on repairs down the road if you don’t hire a qualified technician the first time.
Why Choose Us
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been earning trust in the Greater Louisville area with expert heating, cooling, and plumbing service since 1986. We believe the most important decision you have when needing heating repair help is the team you choose to install or repair your heating system. So, in addition to offering industry-leading company client benefits, we strive to ensure that our team members are not only technically excellent and continuously trained but are also of high character.
Available to You 24/7/365
The team at Jarboe’s is committed to meeting the needs of our clients 24/7, every day of the year. Whatever the day, whatever the time, one of our team members will be there for you!