Your boiler gets a work during the cold Kentucky winters. Making sure it offers a reliable source of heat is an absolute must. Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is your best choice for boiler repairs, boiler maintenance, and boiler installation / replacement work. We’re known as the boiler experts in Louisville, making sure our clients are warm and comfortable all winter long. If there’s ever a problem with your home staying warm, we’re on call ready to help.
You should have your boiler system checked at least once a year by a licensed professional. Skilled technicians are able to make the checks and adjustments needed to ensure that your boiler operates safely and efficiently. During this annual maintenance, your technician should be doing the following:
- Clean boiler & burner
- Burner adjustment using a combustion analyzer
- Check for proper operation
- Correct gas pressure and flow
- A flue gas analyser to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air
- Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
- Fans and other key components are working efficiently
- Seals are intact
- Electrodes are in a good condition
- Safety devices are checked
- Condensate trap and pipe is not blocked
- Water and gas pipework
We provide maintenance agreements for our customers to ensure their boilers are working efficiently all year long.
Boiler repairs are different from electric or gas furnace repairs because the problems aren’t typically mechanical. Our Comfort Consultant will come in and assess the situation, asking you questions and testing the boiler before diagnosing the problem. Common problems you may experience with your boiler include:
- A weak pilot flame
- Banging or clanging when the boiler is in use
- Unexpectedly high gas bills
- Inability to maintain a steady flow of water
During the visit we’ll perform a safety inspection and assess the situation. We’ll let you know what options are available to you and have you sign off on any work before we begin. Typical repairs include:
- Boiler tube repair or replacement
- Welding repairs of cracks or leaks
- Repairing external piping
- Refractory repairs
- Boiler feedwater pumps, condensate pumps
- Custom sheet metal ductwork
Our Comfort Consultants have years of experience diagnosing problems with boilers and can get your unit back up and running in no time. If it’s time to replace your boiler, we can recommend a new unit and get it installed quickly.
The older your boiler gets, the harder it has to work to heat your home. Age makes a boiler less efficient, which increases the risk of it malfunctioning. Boilers should last up to 15 years. If you want to keep your boiler in good condition during that time, it’s recommended that you have it serviced every year. Annual maintenance can help keep your boiler efficient and lower the risk of malfunctions.
Here are some signs that your boiler may need replaced:
- Your boiler needs frequent repairs
- You see yellow flames
- You have frequent leaks
- Your energy bills have continually climbed
- If you notice a lot of corrosion / rust
If you’re considering replacing your boiler, ask one of our Comfort Consultants what options are available to you. It may be that your boiler needs serviced and that you can continue to use it. Our experts are able to provide you with all of the options available to you so that you can make an informed decision.