Repair and Replace Louisville Faucets with a Licensed Plumber
Every faucet throughout your Louisville home – every bathroom faucet, kitchen faucet, and faucets in utility areas – help you complete everyday tasks with convenience and ease. When you encounter a leaky faucet, your fixture needs a repair. A loose faucet handle can be caused by an issue with a packing nut or other component, poor water flow and problems mixing hot and cold water can be due to malfunctioning faucet parts inside the fixture.
A plumbing professional is able to pinpoint the reason behind your faucet problem and knows how to fix a leaky faucet with ease. It’s important to take the steps how to fix leaking faucets, as these leaks are a notable source of water waste in the home. Even a slow drip quickly adds up to many gallons of water wasted over the course of a year! Leaks also create the potential for water damage and mold growth in areas throughout the home.
When you need faucet repair, call the licensed Louisville plumbers of Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Our plumbers arrive quickly to correct faucet problems and replace broken parts to stop leaks right away. If you want to replace a faucet, we offer expert installation of many stylish and efficient faucets for your kitchen or bathrooms.
Schedule service for faucet repair or replacement today when you contact Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
Professional Faucet Repairs in Louisville
If a broken showerhead or leaking faucet is causing issues in your Louisville kitchen or bathroom, Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is here to help. Don’t let seemingly insignificant water leaks surprise you with higher utility bills when a simple call and quick repair visit could eliminate the expense! Faucet leaks cause more waste than many homeowners realize – when hot water leaks occur, gas or electricity is also wasted via the water heater. Left untreated, leaks can damage your faucets and the areas surrounding sinks, showers, and tubs.
Not every homeowner knows how to fix leaking faucet issues, and that’s ok! That’s why the Jarboe’s team offers fast and reliable faucet repair throughout Louisville and the surrounding areas. With the water and energy saved by correcting a leaking faucet, the cost of professional plumbing repairs is certainly a worthwhile investment!
We respect the time of our customers and know you don’t want to take time off work and other activities to attend multiple plumbing service calls just to fix a leaky faucet! We make sure our plumbing pros have the parts and equipment needed to get most every job done in one visit. Our fully stocked trucks are home to a variety of faucet parts that may be required on any service call, so we don’t have to spend time locating the parts needed to repair your faucet.
If a faucet issue suddenly turns into an emergency situation, Jarboe’s will be there to help you sort it out. Our plumbers are always standing by with on call 24/7 emergency plumbing repair service. Contact us anytime, day or night when you have faucet problems that just cannot wait.
Signs Your Faucet Needs to Be Repaired
Faucet leaks can occur due to faulty parts, damage, and other issues. Below, find the signs that tell Louisville homeowners it’s time to call a plumber to look at their faucets:
- Faucet leaks never stop
- Faucet handle sticks or squeaks when moved
- Water flow is irregular or jets out at an unusual angle
- Signs of minerals and rust are seen in the water or built up on the fixture
- Pipes make a gurgling or knocking noise when the faucet is on
Many of the small parts inside faucet fixtures can wear out, causing the faucet to leak when they need to be replaced. Some parts are replaceable, while other damage necessitates a faucet replacement. Your plumber thoroughly evaluates the condition of your fixture and informs you which possibilities are options to correct the plumbing issue you experience.
New Faucets for Louisville Kitchens and Bathrooms
If a faucet has been severely damaged, it’s often better to replace the entire fixture rather than attempt repairs. New faucets can offer increased water conservation, expanded functionalities, and amazing style. A simple faucet upgrade makes a noticeable difference in the looks of your sinks and tubs, making faucet replacement an affordable and easy option for a quick interior face lift!
With good maintenance and care, a faucet works for about 10 to 15 years in the average home. Professional installation helps faucets stay in service longer, ensuring fixtures are correctly installed to protect the integrity of the faucet.
When you’re ready to replace the faucets throughout your Louisville area home, contact Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to explore the many faucet models available in a variety of styles and finishes.
Faucet Options for Bathrooms and Kitchens
There are more options for faucet replacements than you can imagine. Despite the seemingly infinite options, kitchen and bathroom faucet fixtures fall into four general categories:
- A kitchen staple, the ball faucet incorporates a dingle handle attached to the spout via a round cap. Inside is a plastic or metal ball that allows the handle to adjust hot and cold water flow, free of washers.
- Cartridge faucets have a cartridge in the faucet stem that turns up and down to control water flow.
- Disk faucets are single-handled and have a thick cylinder body that holds a pressure balance cartridge in the mixing chamber as well as a ceramic disk that controls water flow when commanded by the handles.
- Compression washer faucets are an older option that have two rotating handles and washers that help control hot and cold water use.
Amongst these four categories, there are many styles available for installation with kitchen and bathroom sinks, depending on your sink fixtures, plumbing system setup, and other factors.
- A center-set faucet is a bathroom favorite, with a compact footprint and one body for the spout and both handles.
- Single-handled faucets are common in applications without space to spare, as they require just a single hole to mount.
- Spread fit faucets take up more space, with three separate pieces installed on a sink – the spout as well as hot and cold handles.
- Bridge faucets sit above the surface of a sink, with pipes protruding from the hot and cold faucets to hold the spout.
- Wall-mounted faucets are positioned on the wall above a sink, and are useful for sinks that sit high atop a vanity.
Once you select the style of faucet you want to install, finish options must be determined. Brass, zinc, stainless steel, and plastic are common options. Each finish requires special care to protect and maintain over the years a faucet is in use.
Frequently Asked Questions
A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water per year.
Typical causes of leaky faucets include corrosion, mineral deposit build ups, and rusty / old gaskets or washers.
A small, simple leak may cost around $20 in wasted water each year. More significant leaks can cost around $60-$200 a year.
Earning Trust Since 1986
Jarboe’s Service Area
Note: At this time, plumbing services are only available in Kentucky.
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (502) 324-1257