Heating Repair Service
When your furnace needs a repair, Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has on-call technicians who are experienced in diagnosing the problem and making recommendations that are in your best interest. We will offer you options and the education you need to make an informed decision.
If you do not have an emergency, please schedule online and get a 10% discount on any repairs needed. This cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Before You Call
- Check Your Thermostat. Verify the settings are correct and that you have it turned on to the right temperature.
- Check Your Air Filter. A clogged filter can hinder the performance of your furnace. Check it monthly and be sure to change it as needed.
- Check the Pilot Light or Flash Codes. If you have an older gas furnace, make sure the pilot light is still lit. Newer units use flash codes, and should have a panel showing an explanation of each code.
How Do You Know If Your Heating System Needs to be Repaired?
You need to keep turning up the thermostat. It’s normal to bump up the temperature on a cold day, but if you find you have to keep cranking up the heat and you’re still cold, it’s time to see what’s wrong. There could be a problem with the thermostat, or another issue with the furnace itself.
You’re paying more to stay warm. If you notice a steady increase in your utility bill during cold months that isn’t due to a rate increase, it could be a sign that your heating system isn’t running as well as it should be.
You hear excess noise from your heating system. Furnaces usually make some noise, but if the noise becomes louder than it used to be or changes, it may mean something is wrong. Ignition problems can cause a whining sound. Cracked or broken belts can also create extra noise before causing the furnace to stop functioning.
You notice rapid cycling. Rapid cycling is when your furnace turns on and off quickly. If you notice this happening suddenly, there could be a problem with the ignition, thermostat, or wiring.
Financing available with approved credit!
How to Choose a Contractor in Louisville for Your Heating System
Whether your home’s heating system is in need of routine maintenance, emergency repairs or a total replacement, selecting a qualified HVAC contractor is an important, yet often overwhelming task. Here are some tips to help you find a qualified, skilled professional to work in your home.
Do your research.
- Check out local companies and visit their websites. See how long they’ve been in business, what their values are, and how they approach their clients.
Ask for referrals.
- Ask your friends and family who they’ve used in the past and which contractors they recommend to perform work within your home.
Check trustworthy online sources for reviews.
- Check online review sources like Google and Facebook for unfiltered reviews by other homeowners before calling an HVAC contractor.
Check to see if they’re licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Unfortunately, there are HVAC contractors who claim to be licensed, but are actually working under the radar. There is too much at stake to risk your home with someone who isn’t closing off your gas line, or properly disposing of refrigerant. A contractor should have their license number clearly marked on most, if not all, of their literature and on their website.
An HVAC contractor should give you a written estimate.
- Reputable HVAC contractors will give you a written bid that they will adhere to during the job. It should include a list of everything that will be done for your repair, as well as the price.
Don’t just go with the lowest bidder.
- The lowest bidder isn’t always the best option. You could end up spending more on repairs down the road if you don’t hire a qualified technician the first time.
Why Choose Us
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been earning trust in the Greater Louisville area with expert heating, cooling, and plumbing service since 1986. We believe the most important decision you have when needing heating repair help is the team you choose to install or repair your heating system. So, in addition to offering industry-leading company client benefits, we strive to ensure that our team members are not only technically excellent and continuously trained but are also of high character.
Available to You 24/7/365
The team at Jarboe’s is committed to meeting the needs of our clients 24/7, every day of the year. Whatever the day, whatever the time, one of our team members will be there for you!
Jarboe’s Service Area
Note: At this time, plumbing services are only available in Kentucky.
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (502) 324-1257
Save with a Carefree Maintenance Agreement
You can purchase a Carefree Maintenance Agreement while we are at your home and benefit from the 15% discount on repairs and 5% discount on equipment. The blower in your furnace runs every day to circulate conditioned air within your home, so it gets quite the work-out. Help keep your electric or gas furnace functioning properly at peak efficiency and lasting longer with our Carefree Maintenance Agreement.
- Two visits – one for cooling and one for heating
- Save 15% on repairs and indoor air quality products
- Save 5% on HVAC equipment
- Reduce costly breakdowns by up to 95%
- Lower utility bills by as much as 30%
- Priority service over non-plan members
- Two-year warranties on parts and labor
- Free service call with repair
- Agreement is transferrable
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling – Service You Trust
- Get 24/7 emergency furnace repairs
- No overtime charges ever – including holidays and weekends
- Expert professional service that will exceed your expectations
- Property protection guarantee, shoe covers, and clean-up to YOUR satisfaction
- Service and maintenance for all makes and models
- 30 years of furnace repair and service in the Louisville area
- Save 10% by scheduling online! Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Investing in our Carefree Maintenance Agreement protects your heating and cooling system in addition to providing you other savings and benefits.
“Jarboe’s came out to fix the humidifier on our furnace and upon inspection said we only needed a new filter. Also, they gave us a free inspection and estimates for a couple of things they found. I appreciate their detailed explanations.” – Angie’s List User
“On time and courteous. Explained what was wrong and fixed it promptly. Also serviced the furnace quickly and got my heat back on.” – Happy Client
“Mathew was very friendly and professional. He informed me of what he had done and the status of my heating system. He even answered all of my questions with complete knowledge of the subjects. Thank you Matthew.” – Ernest D.
“Brad was very personable, knowledgeable, unrushed and represented Jarboe’s’ competency and honesty well!” – Eugene M.
“John was pleasant and explained in detail the work that was completed. I wish to personally thank him for his patience and understanding as I had to also deal with an emergency situation near the end of his visit.” – Frank S.
“Matt always does a very professional job and is very knowledgeable and friendly. I feel very comfortable recommending him to any of my family or friends. He’s a great asset for your company!” – Lisa M.