Water Heater Repair and Installation for Water Heaters in the Greater Louisville Area
Producing hot water is the 3rd largest energy consuming process in the average Kentucky household. About 80 to 100 gallons of water are used by each person every day. When your home relies on an outdated natural gas water heater or electric water heater, this process has a high price and costs more than it has to.
Water heater repair and installation of water heaters are tasks most homeowners neglect until a clear problem has presented itself. Unfortunately, this is often a costly strategy, as issues grow and become more expensive to fix, or they extend beyond what’s fixable and you’re stuck paying for a new hot water heater unexpectedly.
Be diligent and watch for signs your tank water heater needs to be repaired. Noises during operation and rusty water are key clues to the presence of a problem. It’s important you don’t ignore it – instead, call the Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling plumbing team to schedule service and our experts will take a look. Early repair often helps Louisville homeowners avoid preventable system replacements and a repair bill of a few hundred to a few thousand for new water heater installation.
Water Heater Repair in Louisville
Any time your water heater isn’t performing as it should be, it’s important to call Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for repairs. If your home has an older tank water heater, know aging units are more prone to leaks and other hazards – don’t ignore these, as they could lead to dangerous situations and be unsafe for your household.
The licensed plumbers of Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling are equipped to perform water heater repairs for all brands, including gas water heaters, electric water heaters, heat pump water heaters, and tankless water heaters.
If your tank water heater springs a leak, don’t risk serious water damage to your home – call us to schedule an emergency water heater repair appointment! Our plumbers are available anytime, day or night, to assist you when plumbing emergencies arise.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
Water heaters can experience different malfunctions over the years, many of which are repairable by a plumber if you seek service at the right time. Watch for signs that share your water heater has a problem and call us for repairs if you notice any of the following:
- No hot water from the water heater
- Water temperatures are fluctuating
- You run out of hot water too soon
- Higher natural gas or electric bills with no clear cause
- The tank is leaking
- There is rust surrounding the tank
- You have rusty-looking hot water
- Water heater makes strange noises, like popping or cracking
- Low water pressure when using hot water
Certain water heater issues are repairable, but if they’re not, you certainly want to get ahead of a system failure by replacing your malfunctioning unit with a new water heater right away. Failure to service your water heater or replace it at the right time could lead to a catastrophic water leak in your home, leading to severe damage. Certain issues can cause tank natural gas water heaters and electric water heaters to explode, creating a dangerous situation for your family.
Get the help you need when your water heater starts acting up. Call Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to request an appointment for water heater repair. If your unit has a leak that can’t be controls, don’t hesitate to call us after hours for an emergency repair.
Maintenance for Louisville Water Heaters
Just like space heating systems and air conditioners, water heaters need maintenance, too! For tank water heaters, it’s important to flush the system – something most homeowners do not even know is necessary. Regular maintenance for your water heater helps preserve its energy efficiency and performance, as well as prevents malfunctions and the need for repairs.
Sediment builds in the bottom of the tank over time. It settles over the heating elements, blocking water from receiving heat efficiently. Flushing on a regular basis clears out the sediment and helps the system run more efficiently.
Flushing a water heater can be an easy job, but if you don’t know what to do or when to do it, it’s a job best left to a plumber. Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling performs water heater maintenance for Louisville area residents. Let us handle the job to ensure there are no hot water burns to you or your loved ones, and no accidental damage is done to your water heater.
Picking a Water Heater for Your Louisville Home
When it comes to water heater replacement, the best scenario is to get it done before your existing unit fails entirely. Even if your current water heater still has life left, that doesn’t mean there aren’t better options available that could bring you savings if you go ahead and upgrade.
With 14 percent of your home’s energy budget allotted to water heating, the new water heater you pick will have an impact on your energy expenses. Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling advises you consider these factors as you evaluate new gas water heaters, electric water heaters, heat pump water heaters, and tankless water heaters for your replacement project.
- What capacity do you need? Water heaters come in different sizes, so just like shoes, one size doesn’t fit all and the perfect fit will be the most comfortable option. Tank water heaters are sized by first hour rating, or FHR. The unit’s first hour rating tells you how many gallons of hot water it can deliver in the first hour of use, starting with a full tank. If you buy a water heater that’s undersized, you won’t have enough hot water – if you choose a water heater that is too big, you’ll pay more in energy costs than you need to. Make sure your new water heater is the right fit – have the plumbers of Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling write a free estimate for your upgrade and perform the necessary calculations to determine appropriate unit sizing.
- What energy efficiency do you want? Water heaters offer a range of efficiency levels, noted by the unit’s Energy Factor, or EF. The higher the EF number, the more efficient the unit is. Typically, higher efficiency means lower operating costs, but with water heaters, you may have an option between fuel types that could make a difference. When deciding between a gas water heater or electric water heater, or even a heat pump model, you need to look at utility unit prices to see if the prices differ greatly and impact your decision.
- How much does it cost to replace a hot water heater? Budget is certainly a concern, but there are many options available to suit any preferred price range. Try not to get too stuck on the unit’s purchase price and focus more on operating costs – a more expensive unit can be far cheaper to run, while a less expensive water heater will cost you hundreds more over the years to operate.
Earning Trust Since 1986
Jarboe’s Service Area
Note: At this time, plumbing services are only available in Kentucky.
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (502) 324-1257