Effective Drain Cleaning Services for Homes in the Greater Louisville Area
A slow drain seems like a minor inconvenience, but left alone too long a major clog could form. When grease and other materials build up in pipes, clogged drains are a common result. Ignoring a clogged drain for too long allows the clog to grow, resulting in poor drainage as well as possible damage to the home’s plumbing system. A slow drain can also be caused by a more serious plumbing problem, such as collapsed sewer drain lines.
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling helps Louisville homeowners put an end to clogged drains through drain cleaning services. Our professional plumbers clean drains for kitchen sink drains, bathroom sink drains, floor drains, toilets, and other plumbing fixtures and appliances. When clearing a drain isn’t the only solution needed, our camera inspections locate issues deep in drain lines so the proper repairs can be made.
If you have a slow drain, drains that won’t drain at all, or suspect clogs in your main drain or sewer pipes, turn to you Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for fast and reliable drain cleaning services. A plumber is always on call to help you out when needed. We’re ready 24-hours a day, 365-days a year to handle your plumbing and drain cleaning problems.
Louisville Drain Cleaning
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers drain cleaning services for these plumbing fixtures and appliances:
- Kitchen sink drain
- Sink drain p trap
- Bathroom sink drain
- Tub or shower drain
- Floor drain
- Washing machine
- Sewer pipes
A clean drain allows water to flow freely through the drain lines, into the sewer pipe, and out of the home. Drain cleaning services remove clogs and restrictions that result in slow or stopped drainage in the home’s plumbing fixtures. When damage to plumbing pipes or other issues are to blame for restricted drainage, additional repair work may be needed beyond cleaning drains.
How Do Plumbers Unclog a Drain?
A plumber has a selection of professional tools that can be used to clear drains and remove clogs. The tools and processes recommended for drain cleaning depend on the type of clog, where it exists in the plumbing system, and any damage that has resulted from the clog. Drains clearing can involve the use of a drain snake, hydro jetting, or a rooter.
With completely clogged drains, a plumber first determines how many drains are affected. If a home as only one clogged drain showing poor drainage, a drain snake may be chosen to clear a single blockage. Inserted down into the pipe, a drain snake busts through the clog, then either removes the leftover material or the clog particles are able to flow out the piping safely. A complete blockage in a sewer line can necessitate the use of a rooter, which is able to tear through tough materials like tree roots and soil that may have entered the line through broken sewer pipes. When a home’s plumbing fixtures suffer from slow drainage, hydro jetting is a solution that removes buildup inside piping to eliminate restricted water flow.
Cost of Drain Cleaning Services
When drain cleaning is needed, many Louisville homeowners are concerned with the cost. Drain cleaning services vary in price due to the complexity of the work needed. Alleviating clogged drains where the clog only affects a single fixture is often a simpler job than repairing clogged sewer lines. Our plumbers give you upfront pricing before drain cleaning services are started so you always know the final price.
Signs You Have Clogged Drains
Being proactive about clogged drains can help homeowners avoid serious plumbing damage. When you notice slowed drainage, don’t put off a call for drain cleaning services until the drain is completely blocked. Watch for these signs that often appear when you have a clog forming in your pipes:
- Drains often become noisier when a clog has formed in the pipe. Gurgling or bubbling noises come out of the drain while a fixture is in use or when nearby fixtures or water-consuming appliances are in use. Flushing a toilet may result in sounds from bathroom sink drains in the same bathroom.
- Clogs can also produce a backup of water into plumbing fixtures . The use of one fixture may produce backup into another. When a toilet flushes, sink drains and shower drains may experience water coming back up.
- A clogged sewer pipe can produce standing water in the yard or pooling water at a basement’s floor drain. While sometimes visible, this symptom can be hard to detect depending on your landscaping and other natural features. The presence of more insects and pests are a good indicator of stagnant, standing water.
- The smell of sewage is a strong sign you have clogged drains. When the odor is first detected in the home, it’s time to call a plumber for drain cleaning services.
Drain Cleaning and Repair
A clogged drain in a sewer line may have more than just a clog causing problems. Collapsed pipes prevent the flow of water out to the sewer, leading to poor drainage and water backup inside the home’s plumbing fixtures. To uncover the full extent of sewer pipe clogs, our plumbers use video inspection technology. This allows us to take a look deep inside the pipes to visualize the problem and pinpoint its location for repairs.
DIY Advice for Drain Cleaning
Some Louisville homeowners are comfortable attempting DIY drain cleaning methods when experiencing a slow drain at just one fixture. If you plan to unclog a drain at home, make sure you use safe methods to avoid causing damage to your plumbing pipes.
- Avoid drain cleaning chemicals and store-bought products advertised to break up clogs. These chemicals are often not safe and can break down your pipes.
- Kitchen sink drains, bathroom sink drains, shower drains, and tub drains can be cleared up with natural products in many cases. A cup of baking soda is poured into the drain followed by a cup of vinegar. Cover the drain opening and leave the solution to sit inside the pipes for at least 30 minutes. Turn on hot water and allow it to flow through the drain.
- Many toilet clogs can be broken up with the help of heat and gravity. Poor a pot of boiling hot water into the bowl, holding it at waist height as you pour. Give the water time to cool and then flush – heat can break down the materials and the force of water rushing in can move the material on through the line.
Maintain Clean Drains
Take preventative measures to avoid clogged drains around the house. A clog can cause a range of problems, from minor inconvenience to the need for expensive plumbing repairs. Follow the advice below to protect the drains and pipes throughout your home.
- Install drain stoppers or strainer traps to prevent large particles from entering the drain.
- Only flush waste and toilet paper. Baby wipes, paper towels, feminine hygiene products, and even wipes advertised as flushable are unable to break down in water and will clog a pipe.
- Keep grease and oil out of the garbage disposal and kitchen sink drain.
- Check the plumbing vent on your roof regularly to ensure it is not obstructed.
Earning Trust Since 1986
Jarboe’s Service Area
Note: At this time, plumbing services are only available in Kentucky.
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (502) 324-1257