Common Plumbing Repair Issues
- Dripping Faucets
- Let’s face it, we’ve all had a dripping faucet in our home and have probably ignored it for a while! That dripping faucet not only wastes water, it wastes money due to a higher water bill.
- Leaky Pipes
- While we see a lot of leaking pipes during the cold winter months, it’s also very common year-round! So keep an eye out for wet spots on the ground or ceiling. Water damage to your home can be quite costly, so quickly fixing leaky pipes, that often leak near the joints, is a priority.
- Running Toilets
- Don’t let your money go down the drain with a running toilet! Most running toilet plumbing problems are fairly easy to fix. It is usually just a matter of replacing a warped or broken flapper, getting a new chain, or readjusting the float. These are all quick, low-cost fixes.
- Low Water Pressure
- A lot of older homes experience low water pressure, but you may be asking why? It could be time for a new, modern shower head or you could have a hidden leak in your home’s old pipes. However, those are just a few of the many reasons for low water pressure.
- Leaking Hose Bibb
- A leaking hose bibb is very common in the spring and summer. After a long, cold winter, many hose bibbs that aren’t protected can crack and begin to leak. We advise our clients to invest in a frost-proof hose bibb which can reduce the chance of future leaks.
- Slow Or Clogged Drains
- Accumulated hair, soap scum, and personal care products can build up in drains causing them to drain slowly. Slow drains are one of the most common plumbing problems you’ll face. Remove the pop-off drain cover and clean any debris. (Warning: it’s gross. Consider wearing gloves). You can also use an auger to clear the pipe, or if you do not have an auger, partially straighten a wire hanger and use it to pull up any debris (also gross). If that doesn’t fix the problem, try using a plunger to loosen debris. Flushing with baking soda and vinegar will help as well. Do not use harsh chemical drain cleaners because they can damage pipes. If the drain is still running slowly, call Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling because you may have bigger problems.
- Sump Pump Failure
- The continuous use of a sump pump during prolonged periods of heavy rain can cause your pump to fail, especially if it is older.
- No Hot Water
- If you have ever tried to take a shower and found that you have no hot water, you probably have a real appreciation for a properly working water heater. One of the most common causes of a sudden lack of hot water is the pilot light on a gas water heater going out. You can follow your water heater’s manual to relight it. If you get some hot water but not enough, the tank might need to be drained of sediment. Other possible problems include thermostat issues, a faulty thermocouple, or a faulty pilot. Water heaters can be dangerous and need to be serviced by a professional. Other than re-lighting the pilot or draining the tank, working on a water heater is best left to the experts.
- Garbage Disposal Problems
- While garbage disposals are a convenient appliance, you must treat them with care to keep them running smoothly. Common causes of garbage disposal problems include running it without water, disposal of inappropriate food items like potato skins and cornhusks, or running the disposal when a hard object like a spoon is in the drain. If resetting the GFCI doesn’t work, someone needs to break out the tools to fix the jam… we recommend a professional plumber
How to Choose a Plumbing Contractor in Louisville
As a homeowner, you may not need the services of a plumber every day. However, when a crisis strikes, you need a licensed plumber that can diagnose and fix the problem. Professional plumbers are able to do this in any setting because they go through the required training that prepares them with technical skills, knowledge, and experience to serve their clients.
Experienced plumbing contractors offer a myriad of services, including the installation of water pipes, plumbing repairs, and trenchless plumbing repairs. However, you should always work with a reputable plumbing contractor that has licensed, experienced plumbers. How do you find a plumber you can trust? Below are some tips that you need to consider when choosing a residential plumbing professional.
- Check the Better Business Bureau to see how long and how well they’ve been serving homeowners in the Louisville area.
- Make sure the plumber is licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Find out who your friends and family would call based on their experience.
- Check their online reputation by looking at their reviews, both good and bad, on sites like Google and Facebook.
- Make sure the plumber can meet your needs. Are they available 24/7? Do they provide the products and services you need?
Professional, Licensed Plumbers in Louisville
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides fast, dependable, expert plumbing repair, service, and installation 24/7/365. Our licensed, bonded, and insured plumbers are among the best in the Louisville area. We guarantee our services, material, and workmanship in writing; and, we respect you, your time, and your property. Any time that you need an expert plumber, call the folks at Jarboe’s… Night or Day!
- You approve the price before we start… no surprises!
- Drop cloths used on every job
- Shoe covers always worn in your home
- We clean-up before we leave
- Quality workmanship at a fair price
- Insured, licensed, and bonded
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you need help with… sinks, faucets, bathtubs, showers, toilets, garbage disposals, traditional water heaters, tankless water heaters, water filtration systems, sewer video inspections, drain cleaning, water lines, main sewer lines, “NO DIG” trenchless technology, lift stations, pressure regulator valve (PRV) inspections, preventative maintenance programs, water disaster prevention services… Call us… Night or Day! (502) 324-1257 .