24/7 Louisville Water Heater Repair Service
Water heaters are one of the most commonly used appliances in American households – if your home is like most, this will certainly ring true. They are an essential part of daily life, heating water and providing the hot water necessary for tasks such as showers, laundry, and dishes. If your water heater suddenly stops working, it can be a big hassle. You may be surprised with a cold shower and be unable to get things done around the house if the appliance is unable to heat water.
A conventional storage unit with a hot water tank is the type of water heater homeowners are most familiar with. Due to heavy daily use of water heaters, they require occasional water heater repairs. The two types of water heaters – water heater tank and tankless – have their own unique set of water heater repair needs. Tankless water heaters are a newer option that many homeowners are choosing, but they too can need repairs from time to time. Whether you have a tank or tankless water heater, it’s important to call in a professional for repairs whenever you notice signs of poor performance.
Whether you’re dealing with leaking water from the water tank, a blown fuse in the fuse box or tripped circuit breaker when the water heater runs, or a faulty heating element, it’s important to know where to get help with water heater repairs. Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling performs water heater repair services for homeowners in the Louisville area. Whether you have a tank or tankless water heater, electric water heater, natural gas water heater, or propane water heater, we are here to help!
Repair for Conventional Hot Water Heater Tanks in Louisville
If you have a tank-style propane water heater or natural gas water heater, or a tank model electric water heater in need of repair, you want to be sure that the job is done right to protect this equipment, solve problems quickly, and keep the water heater in service as long as possible. At Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, our team of trustworthy, licensed plumbers have the experience and expertise to ensure successful repairs for any water heater.
We understand that a broken water heater can be a major inconvenience, which is why we work quickly and efficiently to get the job done right. When you need water heater repair for your hot water heater, call or contact us online right away!
Repair for Tankless Gas Water Heaters and Electric Water Heaters in Louisville
Tankless water heaters are becoming more popular in Louisville area households because they’re much more energy efficient than traditional tank heaters – plus they last longer. Tankless water heaters heat water on demand, so you don’t have to worry about running out of hot water. They also save space since they don’t require a storage tank.
If you have a tankless water heater, it’s important to know that professionals have the experience and expertise to properly repair them. When something goes wrong with your tankless water heater, it’s important to call a professional who can properly diagnose and repair the problem. At Jarboe’s, our team of licensed Kentucky plumbers are able to correctly identify and fix all types of problems affecting tankless gas water heaters and electric water heaters. When you need tankless water heater repair, give us a call or contact us online!
Emergency Water Heater Repair in Louisville
If your water heater breaks, you can call a professional immediately to prevent damage to your plumbing appliance and your home. Scheduling an appointment with a plumber can minimize emergency situations before they get out of hand. Think of it as a preventive measure to curb plumbing-related problems – emergency water heater repairs can keep your pipes from freezing and save your home from extensive water damage!
Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling specializes in emergency water heater repair, no matter your model. If you have suffered from an unexpected cold shower or discover a surprise hot water leak, give us a call! Our team is available all day, every day, even on holidays and weekends, to complete emergency water heater repairs whenever you need us.
Signs That Your Water Heater Requires Repairs
Since water heaters are intended to last for some time, one may come across signs that they might need to book a hot water heater repair at some point over the years. Here are some of the signs you should watch out for that indicate water heater trouble:
- You often need to fix or replace a blown fuse in the fuse box or reset the circuit breaker.
- You see discoloration or smell odd odors coming from your water.
- Hot water pressure has less intensity.
- There’s not enough hot water to complete your daily tasks.
- Heating water takes longer than it used to.
- There are leaks from the water heater or suspicious water nearby the unit.
- You only receive lukewarm water or cold water when hot water taps are in use.
There are various issues that arise with water heaters, but all should be repaired as soon as possible when they happen. For your convenience, Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has qualified plumbers that can repair water heaters all across the Louisville area!
Common Problems with Water Heaters
Plumbers see certain types of water heater issues more frequently than others for both gas water heaters and electric water heaters. It’s probable that if you have a problem with your tank hot water heater or tankless water heater appliance, it’ll be one of the more typical faults. Our plumbers explain some of the most frequent water heater issues we see on a daily basis so you might have a better sense of the work that needs to be conducted to fix your electric water heater or gas water heater problems.
Leaks are by far the most common complaints with tankless and storage water heaters. Leakage from the hot water heater can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
- Temperature and pressure relief valve is not working properly, and it has to be repaired or replaced.
- If water pressure is too high, pressure sends hot water to leak out of the pressure relief valve. This problem may necessitate draining water and flushing out the water heater, which will remove sediment and water minerals that have accumulated and formed mineral deposits, The replacement of the dip tube, the cleaning out or replacement of supply pipes may be solutions, depending on the cause of the issue.
- Mineral deposits create overheating of the heating element, which produces fractures and involves flushing the unit, or replacing the heating element. The installation of a new water heater may be necessary if damage from mineral deposits has caused cracks to the glass liners inside the tank or to the outer shell of the hot water tank.
- If plumbing connections are not secure, leaks can occur near or around the water heater. Tightening the supply and outgoing connections on hot water pipes because they are loose.
Anode Rod Replacement
It’s important to follow a maintenance schedule to preserve the quality of your water heater tank. A tank that is neglected can from catastrophic leaks due to corrosion from water minerals. The component called an anode rod in water heater tanks causes the naturally occurring minerals in the water to chemically interact with the metal of the anode rod and erode it away instead of the tank itself.
The anode rod will eventually deteriorate. When this happens, you may begin to see rust or other impurities in your drinking water or showers. A new one must be installed to continue protecting water heater tanks. It’s recommended to replace your tank’s anode rod every 5 years to preserve the longevity of your tank. It may be necessary to do so sooner in homes with very hard water.
Temperature Control Problems
Another typical problem is cold water or lukewarm water from the hot water faucet.
- A defective thermostat that fails to detect the actual temperature setting or the heat setting for the high temperature limit could activate the high temperature cutoff switch too soon. Repair could involve component repair or replacement.
- Defective heating elements that don’t produce enough heat may need a new gas heating element or electric element to be installed, or the water heater may need to be replaced.
- The water heater or pipes may not be well-insulated, causing heat loss. Often, higher heat retention when water moves to hot water faucets can be achieved by adding insulation to hot water supply pipes or water heater tanks.
- A malfunctioning pilot light or an extinguished pilot flame behind the access panel won’t allow heat to be created. You may need pilot light replacement.
- A power outage caused by a defective circuit breaker prevents the unit from heating water. This may involve circuit breaker replacement to fix.
Don’t worry if you’re not a water heater specialist; we’re here to help! Your Jarboe’s plumber will be able to execute any water heater repairs you need to restore energy efficient hot water. Call our staff as soon as you notice unexpected cold water, water leaks, or other water heater issues in your Louisville area home to arrange water heater repair services.
Who Is MAX?
Max is an important part of our team. He is more than just a cartoon character. Max represents our commitment to quality work, craftsmanship, pride, and our passion to serve our clients and community. We celebrate this mentality through Max because these are the values that drive us to be the area’s most complete and comprehensive home service company. So, now when you see Max, you’ll know the story behind the man with the mustache!