Louisville Water Line Repairs and Line Installation Services
Water lines connect Louisville homes with clean, potable water from municipal sources or wells. The water pipe is buried underground where typically it can last for many years without disruption. However, certain scenarios can cause the line to incur damage, which leads to leaks and other plumbing issues with your home’s water supply.
The water line underground can become more susceptible to changes below your lawn as its materials grow older. Soil movement, freezing and thawing, and tree roots are just some of the surrounding sources that can negatively impact the line. When damage occurs, water line repair is needed to correct the problem and restore the function of your water line.
When water line repair or replacement is needed, turn to Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Our talented plumbers expertly diagnose and repair water line damage to keep your Louisville home supplied with a fresh water supply. Contact us and schedule an appointment for water line services today.
Damage to Underground Water Pipes
When the water line becomes damaged, leaks can occur which create some concerning situations on your property. All kinds of circumstances can inflict damage on a home’s main water line, including:
- Water pressure through the line
- Damage caused by pests
- Wear and tear
- Ground freezes and thaws
- Mineral buildup within the water pipe
- Tree root penetrations
- Shifting soil around the pipe
These internal and external forces can cause the water line to sustain different types of plumbing damage including:
- Cracked water valve
- Pipe cracks
- Pipe corrosion
- Mineral deposits
- Broken pipes
Broken Water Line Clues
Water line leaks and other types of damage are forms of unseen leaks within the plumbing system – because they are covered by the soil, it is often very difficult to detect minor leaks. Because there are no straightforward visual clues – you cannot see water dripping out of the pipe – you need to be able to recognize the relative signs that are produced by an underground water line leak in order to protect your plumbing system.
If you encounter any of these signs inside your home our outside on your property, they are likely indicators that you need water line repairs.
- Discolored water from taps in the home, which could be caused by contaminants entering the line through a crack
- Low water pressure inside the home
- Vibrating sounds produced by water pipes when no water is in use
- Foundation cracks
- Spikes in water consumption and high water bills that are out of the ordinary
- Mold and mildew growing on the home’s lower floors
- Wet spots or puddles on the lawn
- Wet spots on carpets or below subflooring indoors
- Bubbling water flow at the street
Should you come across any of these symptoms in your home or on your property, call Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling and schedule water line repair services. It is important that a skilled plumber inspect your property to diagnose and correct the leak.
To Repair or Replace Water Lines?
It is difficult for a typical Cincinnati homeowner to know if a damaged water line needs just a repair or if replacement is warranted. While the issue may be repairable, you might want to go ahead and replace your existing water pipe with new line installation. Here are some points to think about in respect to this decision:
- If the existing water pipe material cannot be repaired, replacement is the best choice so you can replace that aged infrastructure that is likely to cause additional issues in the future.
- If your water line is nearing 50 years old or beyond, it’s nearing the end of its service life. It’s already got one problem, which you’re dealing with now – should you stop at repairs or go ahead and replace the water pipe with a brand new line?
- If this isn’t the first time you’ve had trouble with the water line, replacement may be a better choice over water line repair, which hopefully could help you eliminate future problems.
- If the cost of repairs is over half the price to replace, investing in replacement is usually a financially wise decision.
When you have questions about the options available for repair or replacement, Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is here to assist. Speak with our knowledgeable plumbing staff to gain insight into the advantages and disadvantages of each option, and receive professional guidance to help you make a wise decision that meets your home’s needs.
Repair Services and Replacement for Water Lines
If a water line leak is suspected, Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling uses video inspection tools to have a clear look within your pipes. This technology allows us to easily identify the location of damage and check the overall condition of the line.
Pipe repairing methods for underground water lines can patch a broken section of piping or replace the entire pipe at once. Trenchless water line repair allows underground pipe repair and replacement to be performed fast, with little to no disruption above ground. This technology has become very popular due to key advantages, leaving traditional excavation repairs a less popular choice among Louisville area homeowners.
To repair water line issues, trenchless repairs add a lining to the broken pipe section below ground. This lining builds a seal to close off cracks. Within the old pipe, it effectively becomes a new piece of piping right inside the old one. When water lines need to be replaced, trenchless tools remove old pipe while installing new water lines at the same time!
Trenchless pipe repairing cuts a great deal of time off the traditional repair and replacement method of excavation. No digging needed, no big equipment, no aimless digging in search of leaks – trenchless repairs eliminate a great deal of hassle surrounding plumbing system services.
Benefits of Trenchless Water Pipe Services
- Trenchless repairs and replacements can be completed in far less time than repairs and line installation performed by excavation. Most repair services only require a day or two to finish.
- Excavation tears up your yard, no matter how careful the operator. With trenchless water line services, you don’t have to worry about destroying landscaping through endless digging.
- Because trenchless repairs are finished quickly and require no heavy digging tools, this service is more cost-effective to perform, generating savings for plumbers and homeowners alike.
- Trenchless pipe repairing solutions have longer service life than traditional piping materials installed through excavation.
Turn to Jarboe’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling today to learn more about trenchless water pipe repairs and if this solution can be used to solve your water line leaks.
Earning Trust Since 1986
Jarboe’s Service Area
Note: At this time, plumbing services are only available in Kentucky.
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (502) 324-1257